1. Are her lips like the hot chocolate your mother made during the winter months when you were seven? Or have you not tasted her well enough to find the fine granules of cocoa that lightly come with each kiss?
2. Do you know her favorite songs? Not when she is happy, but when she is sad. What music reaches inside her ribcage and softly consoles her heart?
3. When she is sad, are you on the phone or are you at her door? Words do not wipe away tears, fingers do.
4. Do you know all the things that keep her up at night? Do you know why she has gone three days without sleep? Do you know of the insurmountable waves of sadness that wash over her like a tsunami?
5. Do you know the things to say that will calm her heartbeat? The places to touch? The places to love?
6. Everytime you see her do you kiss her like it’s the last time but love her like it’s the first?
7. Do you love her?
8. Do you love her?
”—"Things I Want To Ask Your Boyfriend" - Nishat Ahmed (via lucywolf)
Pretty/handsome. Loves to dress up. Easily bored. Fussy. Seldom shows emotions. Takes time to recover when hurt. Sensitive. Down-to-Earth. Stubborn. Repost this in 5 mins and you will meet someone new in 8 days that will perfectly balance your personality.
Abstract thoughts. Loves reality and abstract. Intelligent and clever. Changing personality. Highly attractive. Temperamental. Quiet, shy and humble. Honest And loyal. Determined to reach goals. Loves freedom. Rebellious when restricted. Loves aggressiveness. Too sensitive and easily hurt. Gets angry really easily but does not show it. Dislikes unnecessary things. Loves making friends but rarely shows it. Horny. Daring and stubborn. Ambitious. Realizing dreams and hopes. Sharp. Loves entertainment and leisure. Romantic on the inside not outside. Superstitious and ludicrous. Spendthrift. Tries to learn to show emotions. Repost this in 5 mins and you will talk to someone new and realize that you are a perfect match.
If I am a martyr to my own crooked madness -
then so be it. I do not need the safety of cleanness.
And at eighteen, with the others craving high dives
and crowded rooms, and red eyes,
I crave this: a blank page. A curled fist.
And so I’m here now, in the heaven of a candlelit warehouse
in the fall
listening to crowned poets tell stories of all
the other poets they have known. The rows
of books in their childhood homes. I think of mine
and smile. I have not been homesick for a while
but my mom still calls twice a day.
I remember the ways she tried to train me;
and now she still craves consistency
but I was always the last ticking seconds
on the fuse of a firecracker. She is waiting for me to blow.
While we all know
that I don’t want to die anymore, the fear lingers.
The smell of the smoke on my fingers
replaced vomit. I was never a good kid,
but I had my days. Now I listen to a poet tell me all the different ways
we can be addicted.
He loved a girl who was addicted to men.
I loved the bottom, the end,
the feeling of coming home to total nothingness.
I resist the urge to laugh.
And no, I don’t pass out
in the back of the car like I had planned on.
I text my mom and email my grandma.
And I walk home alone
in the fall
smoking menthols (like all the poets I’ve loved) and thinking:
no, I don’t want to die. But I haven’t tried too hard
to still be alive. And maybe I should work on that.
The lamplight is gold like the ring I wear
to scare off men, and I think that maybe I should try to fall in love again -
it would be the third time, I think,
but I don’t much like to count those things.
And I crunch leaves between those bare, golden trees.
I remember that poets
will tell you the time is right
”—Hannah Beth Ragland; At a Poetry Reading in October (via allmymetaphors)
“It’s just one of those days when everything is completely wrong, and yet you don’t even know why you’re so depressed. And it’s one of those days when you wish that everyone would just leave you alone and go away. Yeah, it’s one of those days when all you need is to be left alone. Yet, at the same time you wish someone out there would care.”—(via thelovewhisperer)